What are the best brands and outlets in total lawn care market share? – An infographic
TraQline answers the “who”, “what”, “where”, “when”, “why”, and “how” for lawn care market shares. Our quarterly survey will help you understand who’s buying lawn care products, where they’re buying it, and what drives their decisions. Our Lawn Care Market infographic will help you answer the following questions about the total lawn care market and how it is changing…
Who is leading sales in the lawn care market?
Our infographic will give you greater details, but for now, here’s what you need to know about the market leaders for total lawn care:
- Together, Home Depot, Lowe’s, and Walmart make up over 50% of dollar shares for total lawn care.
- Ace Hardware stores win nearly 5% of US total lawn care dollar share.
How much do consumers spend on lawn care products?
When buying lawn care products, the industry average price paid for these products is $23. However, the average amount spent at different retailers can vary. For example:
- In line with the industry average, the average amount spent at Home Depot on lawn care products is also $23.
- Shoppers at Amazon spend an average of $27 on lawn care products.
- Walmart shoppers spend less on average, at about $18.
What demographic is buying lawn care products?
Just who buys lawn care products like annuals and perennials and sprinklers? TraQline’s census-balanced respondent pool has given us insights like:
- More than 80% of lawn care buyers own their own home- 63% of buyers have lived in their home 5+ years.
- Half of all lawn care product buyers have at least $75K annual incomes.
- 2 in 5 lawn care buyers are 65 or older.
Lawn Care Market – Online Sales Trends:
With 8% of lawn care product purchases being made online, it’s a good idea to keep track of online sales trends. Here’s just some of the trends that TraQline has uncovered:
- Amazon draws 6% of all lawn care shoppers, and closes sales more than 3/4 of the time.
- 15% of lawn care buyers shop around online, with price comparisons being the most common activity shoppers engage in.
Lawn Care Market Share Facts:
Curious about other information TraQline’s survey has uncovered? Here’s another preview for you:
- While competitive prices drive shoppers’ #retailer choices for total lawn care, “already in store” accounts for 35% of the why behind consumers’ buys.
- Home Depot is the first store shopped for 26% of lawn care buyers.
- Only 7% of lawn care buyers shop three or more stores before making a purchase.
To see everything we’ve included on our infographic, fill out the form below and download your own copy